Name of Honor
Society : National Mathematics Honor
Society (Mu Alpha Theta)
Link to webpage of national
Meeting dates, times, and places for
this year: Second Wednesday of month during MM in P208
- 3 hours tutoring + 3 hours on other
activities (pi day, meetings, etc.) = 6 hours per school year
- You MUST complete your hours to remain active
- Attend monthly meetings run by officers (unless you
have a mustang morning assigned to you)
- If you cannot make the meetings, please check your school email for updates and information.
- Maintain an overall unweighted GPA and math
GPA of 3.25 or higher
- If these requirements are not met, members will not be
allowed to continue with the Math Honor Society and dues will not be
Ways to Get your Hours: (* indicates
- Help a teacher work with students during MM*
- Tutor a student during MM or outside of school hours.*
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Participate in our social events and outreach programs.
- As a senior, if you have completed your hours for the
year by the end of May, then you may visit Mr. Remchuk in P208 to pick
your Math Honor Society Chord. Your name will also be marked in the
graduation program as a member in the Math Honor Society. Chords are
free as long as you have complete your hours.
Joining Math Honors Society:
- Must have completed at least two Honors high
school Math courses
- Overall unweighted GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Overall math unweighted GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Eligible members will be contacted near the start of Quarter 4 and are required to submit an application form and dues for admision. Late forms and dues
will not be accepted for any reason.