MARY C. GREER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
190 Lambs Lane, Charlottesville, VA 22901
Phone: (434) 973‐8371 Fax: (434) 973‐0629
Jill Lee, Principal Wendy Eckerle, Assistant Principal
Dear Greer Families,
Spring is in the air and we are fast approaching the end of Quarter 3. We had a great time celebrating books last month with our spirit week and our Spring Book Fair was a big success. Enjoy reading those new books with your students!
We will have Student-Led Conferences for the end of Quarter 3 on March 27th. This is an exciting opportunity for your child to show off all they have learned this year. More information will be coming home from your child’s teacher about your child’s conference time.
In February, we studied the character trait of self-control and celebrated that trait at our SWMM last week. If you were unable to attend last time, we hope you can join us on April 12th for our next SWMM where we will be celebrating the character trait of cooperation. These school wide assemblies are definitely a highlight of our school spirit. Principal chats in the Parent Resource Room (120) will begin immediately after the SWMM.
We have some important dates and events coming up:
- March 27th – Student Led Conferences (Teachers will send out more information about the specific time for your child’s conference.)
- March 28th – End of Quarter 3 (early dismissal at 11:30am)
- March 29th – Teacher work day – No school
- April 1st through 5th - Spring Break – No school
- April 12th - SWMM (celebrating cooperation)
- May 2nd Global Adventures Night 5:30pm – 7pm
We look forward to seeing you all in the near future.
Jill Lee, Principal
Wendy Eckerle, Assistant Principal
You may need the free Acrobat Reader to access information presented in PDF format.