Responsive Classroom at Woodbrook
Woodbrook utilizes the Responsive Classroom approach school wide. The underlying philosophy is that students who feel a sense of belonging and respect exhibit better behaviors. Some specific strategies that Woodbrook teachers use are:
- Morning meeting everyday in all grades (PreK-5)
- Students in a classroom create "Rules and Responsibilities"
- Take a break location in classrooms (Peace chair)
- Academic choice
- Children identify their "Hope and Dreams" in the fall
- Natural consequences
- If you break it, you fix it (Feelings or tangible items)
The teaching staff is trained on an ongoing process. To learn more, please visit the Responsive Classroom website.