Welcome to Stone-Robinson's Counseling and Guidance Program
Albemarle County Public Schools provide a comprehensive, sequential program to meet the developmental needs of all students. This program is an integral part of the educational program in each school. The counseling and guidance program helps students gain competence in the areas of academic, personal / social, and career exploration. The countywide curriculum is in place to ensure the fulfillment of these objectives.
The goals of the Albemarle County Schools' counseling and guidance program are framed in terms of students' goals:
- Develop an understanding of their educational needs related to their abilities, interests, talents, values, and career
- Learn appropriate modes of interaction and communication within the school, home, and community environment
- Explore various careers
- Begin to identify career interests
These goals are implemented through:
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance
In addition, Consultation and Coordination may occur between appropriate resources to promote the successfulness of each student.
Parents may contact the counselor with any of a variety of issues:
- your child's academic progress
- your child's emotional/social/behavioral adjustment
- changes that may impact your child's ability to focus on learning