We are now accepting senior photos that an outside photographer has taken. Email the picture that you would like to appear in the yearbook to this address email@example.com The staff will check the email once a week and send an email confirming that received your picture. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we did not receive the picture and it will not be in the book. Since we will receive a high volume of emails, we ask that you are patient in waiting for a response email. If you do not get a response from us for two or more weeks, then please feel free to email the adviser directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to upload photos is October 27, 2017
Please avoid all of the following:
- Horizontal pictures: The photo box is vertical, so the picture may need to be cropped.
- Extreme close-ups: In general it is best if the photo is at least from the waist up.
- Extremely zoomed out
- Pictures with animals: While you are free to upload a picture of your student with their pet, it does take the focus off your student.
- Pictures with large animals: We may have to crop your photo in order to have it fit in the box, and large animals typically have to be partially cropped out of the photo.
- Pictures taken on a cell phone: The resolution/quality isn’t as high, and the picture will not be as clear or sharp as pictures taken with a camera.
- Pictures that have been scanned to your computer: The resolution/quality isn’t as high, and the picture will not be as clear or sharp as pictures taken with a camera.
- Pictures with other people in it: This is a senior portrait of your student, so no one else should appear in the picture with them.
- Pictures taken several years ago: This is a senior portrait and should be a picture that was taken relatively recently.
If you have booked a session with a photographer, these are the specifications that the school photographer used. While these words and numbers may not make sense to you, a professional photographer will understand what we are looking for.
- 640x 800 pixels
- 300 ppi
- Picas 12x16
- RGB color
- Saved as a jpg
Senior Ad Information
If you wish to purchase a special place in the yearbook for your student, you have two options.
- Create the ad yourself. Go to https://tinyurl.com/AHSSeniorAd18 and follow the instructions to design an ad that speaks of your love for your student. If you choose this option, you can pay with either debit or credit card and upload all of your pictures and messages to this site.
- Let The Peer staff design your ad. Please fill out this form. You may submit messages and pictures to us via the form, e-mail, or on a USB drive or CD. If you need photos scanned, the staff will scan the first picture for free, but there will be an additional charge of $10 for all other pictures that need scanning.
Please make checks payable to Albemarle High School.
Space is limited, so purchase your ad today. The final deadline for senior ads will be December 1, 2017. If you want to schedule a time for a Peer staff member to create the ad with you, please fill out the form as soon as possible.