Transgender and Gender-Expansive Student Policy
Read Policy JBA: Policy on the Treatment of Transgender
and Gender-Expansive Students
- What does "cisgender" mean?
- What does "transgender" mean?
- What does "non-binary" mean?
- What does "gender-expansive" mean?
- What are the goals of this proposed policy?
- Will this policy allow boys in the girls' bathroom?
- Why do we need this policy?
- How was this policy developed?
- How will this policy be enforced in schools?
- Are there any employee exemptions to this policy?
- How will gendered sports work?
- What constitutes "consistently-asserted gender”? What if a student decides to go back to their original gender?
- Are all students, faculty, and staff obligated under these guidelines to state their preferred pronouns?
- Can ACPS help coordinate medical treatments for the child without involving parents?
- Are new restrooms being added at schools to facilitate compliance with this policy if it is approved?
- If a child speaks to school division employees about concerns around gender identity, does the school have the right to keep that information from parents?”