Stage 4 Plan
Stage 4 Status
ACPS progressed to Stage 4 of our Return to School plan on Monday, March 15.
Key Elements of Stage 4
In Stage 4 of our Return to School plan:
- ACPS will deliver instruction through a hybrid model, including a combination of face-to-face and virtual instruction, to the majority of students:
- Students in Grades PK-3 will receive four days of face-to-face instruction per week.
- Students in Grades 4-12 will receive two days of face-to-face instruction per week.
- Students who receive face-to-face instruction two days per week will participate in a combination of synchronous (teacher-led) and asynchronous (independent) learning for the remaining days of the week.
- Friday will remain an asynchronous learning day for all students.
- All siblings attending school two days per week will be assigned the same face-to-face instructional days.
- Alternatively, families may elect for their child to participate in a fully virtual learning option, including four days per week of teacher-directed online instruction (Monday-Thursday) and one day per week of independent learning (Friday).
- The Extended Day Enrichment Program will operate, but space availability will be very limited due to social distancing requirements and space constraints.
- ACPS will provide meals on site to students when they are learning in our buildings and will make school meals available to virtual learners through the School Bus Meal Delivery Program and the School Meal Pickup Program.
- Students may participate in athletics or in-person extracurricular activities upon approval. For each sport or activity, schools must submit a plan in accordance with the Virginia High School League (VHSL) guidelines for review and approval by ACPS.
- Stage 4 Instructional Planning Guide
The Stage 4 Instructional Planning Guide is a framework from which teachers can begin to consider and navigate the various instructional opportunities and decisions involved in providing instruction when the division moves to Stage 4.
- Stage 4 Frequently Asked Questions
In response to questions that arose during parent and student feedback meetings, the division has addressed frequently asked questions about Stage 4 as they relate to instruction, logistics, planning, safety, and human resources.