Building Entrance Screening Procedure for Employees & Visitors, 2020-21
Last updated September 2, 2020
Building Entrance Provisions
Signage from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be posted on the front door of the building (Stay home when you are sick!) and a list of symptoms (Symptoms of COVID-19) will be posted next to a check-in form.
Each building entrance will be equipped with hand sanitizer; new or sanitized pens; a non-contact thermometer; and designated staff to take temperatures and conduct health screenings, as needed.
At-Home Expectations for Employees
All employees are required to perform a self-assessment for symptoms of COVID-19 before reporting to work and again upon building entry.
Building Entrance Screening Process
Upon entering the building each day, employees and visitors must complete the following screening process:
- Employees and visitors must wear a face covering as they enter the building and throughout the screening process.
- Employees and visitors must enter the building through the front door and sanitize their hands upon entry.
- Upon building entry, all employees and visitors will have their temperature screened by a designated staff member. Employees may be asked to take their own temperature.
- If the individual's temperature is 100.0ºF or above, the individual should step aside and away from others. Employees should, and visitors may, complete another temperature check in 1-5 minutes. If the second temperature reading is at or above 100.0ºF, the individual must leave the building immediately.
- In addition to leaving the building immediately, employees who present with fever should notify their supervisor, monitor their symptoms, and contact their health care provider to determine if COVID-19 testing is recommended.
- Before proceeding further into the building, employees and visitors must complete a health screening for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Employees and visitors must review the ACPS Facilities COVID-19 Screening for Employees & Visitors, including a list of symptoms and conditions, and signify by writing their name and initials on the Screening Check-In Form for Employees & Visitors (Word) that they are free of COVID-19 symptoms that are not attributable to another condition such as allergies, exercise, etc. (New or sanitized pens will be available or individuals may use their own pen to sign the check-in form.)
- A designated staff member will facilitate the ACPS Facilities COVID-19 Screening for Employees & Visitors for visitors.
- If an employee or visitor answers YES to any screening question, they should follow these instructions for what to do next.
Note: Employees only need to complete the screening process at their initial building entry for the day.