Golden Apple Awards
Sponsored by Better Living Building Supply and Cabinetry
About the Golden Apple Awards
For the last two decades, Mr. Richard Nunley and Better Living Building Supply and Cabinetry has sponsored the Golden Apple Awards. These awards are presented to faculty members from the public and private schools in Albemarle County and Charlottesville City, including the Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center (CATEC) and several area private schools.
The Golden Apple Award is a means of selecting and honoring some of our outstanding teachers. Teachers are most important in nurturing our children's inquisitive minds and preparing them for the challenges of the future.
One winner will be selected from each school. In addition to receiving a Golden Apple, every Golden Apple recipient also will earn a grant of $500, which can be used for classroom materials.
Candidates for this award are teachers at any level (preschool through grade 12) and in any discipline who have demonstrated excellence in teaching and involvement in the community outside the school.
The nominee exhibits the following characteristics:
- Creates a love of learning in students of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Stimulates thought and provokes student dialogue.
- Challenges students to reach high standards and expectations.
- Understands the needs of students individually and collectively and meets those needs with determination, enthusiasm and imagination.
- Involves families in the education process.
*Teachers who have won in the past three years are not eligible for a Golden Apple Award.
Do you know a teacher who fits this criteria? Nominate them online through our Golden Apple Nomination form.
2022-23 Golden Apple Nomination Forms
Nomination deadline: monday, january 23, 2023