Do you want to work in a school division where you can make a real impact on students’ lives and receive incredible professional growth opportunities? Then look no further.
Albemarle County Public Schools is committed to providing all students the opportunity to learn from talented, diverse teachers who represent the many cultures and experiences of our community. We seek to hire educators and support staff who demonstrate the ability to work with culturally-diverse students, and who see themselves as lifelong learners – always wanting to learn new things to best meet the ever-changing needs of our students.
Here are just a few reasons why both new and experienced educators choose to join our team:
- Strong instructional support and mentoring from our building administrators, instructional coaches, learning technology integrators, diversity resource teachers, and equity specialists.
- Competitive pay and benefits, including health & dental coverage, retirement, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, our BeWell program, discounts on gym memberships, and more.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities, including our New Teacher Academy, and many other learning experiences for new and veteran teachers.
- The ability to work in a close-knit, supportive community where you can continue to grow as a professional.
In Albemarle County Public Schools, we work together as a team to end the predictive value of race, class, gender, and special capacities for children’s success through high-quality teaching and learning for all. We seek to build relationships with families and communities to ensure that every student succeeds.
We are among the first school division in the country to develop and implement an Anti-Racism policy with the expressed purpose of building school communities that share the responsibility to recognize and end racism, eliminate inequitable practices that result in achievement gaps, and support the unique gifts, talents, and interests of every child. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about our Division and our Schools.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Innovative, self-reflective, collaborative, and knowledgeable in their content and instructional practices and is a lifelong learner
- Passionate about closing equity and achievement gaps
- Prepared to engage with our Culturally Responsive Teaching model in support of our Equity Mission Statement
Find out more!
401 McIntire Road
Charlottesville, VA 22902