Last updated March 3, 2023
Albemarle County Public Schools (ACPS) will implement the following mitigation strategies and practices for the 2022-23 school year. Strategies are developed and updated based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), the Blue Ridge Health District (BRHD), and local medical professionals. ACPS closely monitors COVID-19 transmission data in our community and in our schools and regularly consults with the health department on our safety measures.
Current mitigation strategies are subject to change based on the level of community transmission and guidance from public health officials. ACPS will communicate any changes or modifications to our school community.
- Masks, Hand Hygiene, Cleaning & Ventilation
- Daily Health Screening
- When a Student Becomes Ill at School
- When a Student Tests Positive for COVID-19
- When an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- When a Student or Employee Is Exposed to COVID-19
- Outbreak Protocol
Masks, Hand Hygiene, Cleaning & Ventilation
Daily Health Screening
When a Student Becomes Ill at School
When a Student Tests Positive for COVID-19
When an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
When a Student or Employee Is Exposed to COVID-19
The following forms are currently in use:
- Daily Health Screening: for daily use by students and employees before attending school or reporting to work
- Isolation Instructions: instructions for individuals who test positive for COVID-19
- Parent/Guardian Declaration Form: serves as proof of a negative at-home antigen test
- Return to School Instructions for Students: instructions for students who are sent home from school with COVID-19 symptoms (includes Return to School Form and Parent/Guardian Declaration Form)
At the direction of the health department, the following forms may be used in conjunction with contact tracing during a COVID-19 outbreak:
- Close Contact Guidance: for use when quarantine is not recommended
For information about COVID-19 testing in our area, please visit the Blue Ridge Health District's COVID-19 Testing Sites web page.