2021-22 Calendar Development
Each year, the Joint Albemarle County/Charlottesville City Schools Calendar Committee works to produce a school calendar that supports our goals to engage students, improve opportunities and achievement, and get the most productivity out of our resources. The committee is composed of teachers, parents/guardians, and school and central office administrators.
Please note that the calendar development process is separate from any decision ACPS may make on our stage of returning to school next year. Further, the calendar is subject to change in response to guidance or directives from local, state or federal officials in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Calendar Development Timeline
The following dates are subject to change.
- December 9, 2020 | First committee meeting to draft calendar
- January 6, 2021 | Post draft calendar and open community survey for feedback
- January 15 | Close community survey
- January 19 | Second committee meeting for revisions
- February 2 | Third committee meeting (if needed)
- February 11 | Present draft calendar to School Board as Information Item (for review)
- February 25 | Present draft calendar to School Board as Action Item (for approval)
- March 11 | Present updated calendar to School Board for information and review
- April 1 | Present two final options to School Board for action/adoption
- 2020-21 Calendar: Approved (Aug. 13, 2020)
- 2021-22 Calendar: Draft 1 (Dec. 18, 2020)
- Survey Results for 2020-21 Calendar: Draft 1 (Jan. 6-15, 2021)
- Formerly approved 2021-22 Calendar (Feb. 25, 2021)
- Updated 2021-22 Calendar (March 5, 2021)
- Revised 2021-22 Calendar: Draft A - Aug. 25 Start (March 15, 2021)
- Revised 2021-22 Calendar: Draft B - Aug. 23 Start (March 15, 2021)
- Approved 2021-22 Calendar (April 1, 2021)
- Aprobado Calendario 2021-22 (1 de abril de 2021)