Each year, the Joint Albemarle County/Charlottesville City Schools Calendar Committee works to produce a school calendar that supports our goals to engage students, improve opportunities and achievement, and get the most productivity out of our resources.
2021-22 School Year Calendar Development
The 2021-22 calendar development process is underway! As the process moves forward, this page will be updated with additional information and resources.
Calendar Development Timeline
The following dates are subject to change.
- December 9, 2020 | First committee meeting to draft calendar
- January 4, 2021 | Post draft calendar and open community survey for feedback
- January 15 | Close community survey
- January 19 | Second committee meeting for revisions
- February 2 | Third committee meeting (if needed)
- February 11 | Present recommended calendar to School Board as Information Item (for review)
- February 25 | Present recommended calendar to School Board as Action Item (for approval)