Frequently Asked Questions
- What are walk zones?
- Which schools have established walk zones?
- How is the distance from a student's residence to their school measured?
- Will the school division provide transportation for my child if my child’s walking route requires maintenance?
- Who is responsible for my child’s safety when my child is walking or biking to school?
- Why won’t ACPS provide transportation to students who live in walk zones?
- Who should I contact if I believe the designated walking route for my child is (or has become) unsafe?
- How will I know if my child has been assigned to a walk zone for the 2023-24 school year?