Title IX Office
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal statute which states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance." The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces Title IX.
Albemarle County Public Schools is committed to maintaining an environment free of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment. Our Title IX Office is responsible for all Title IX sexual harassment complaints, investigations, and related processes.
If you feel you have experienced or witnessed a Title IX violation, please submit a report by contacting Sarah Esterhay, Title IX Coordinator, at (434) 296-5820 ext. 13546 or at email@example.com.
- U.S. Department of Education Title IX Regulations
- ACPS Title IX Process Flow Chart and Timeline
- Title IX Report Form
- Title IX Report Form (Español)
- U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
- Recent materials used for training ACPS staff:
- Sands Anderson Title IX: Best Practices in Training and Compliance (May 2022)
- Sands Anderson Title IX Flow Chart (May 2022)
- VSBA Title IX Workshop: Part 1, Part 2 and Flow Chart (February 2023)
- ATIXA Investigator Training (April 2023)
- ATIXA Decision-Maker Training (April 2023)
- ATIXA K-12 Coordinator Training (August 2023)
Title IX Coordinator
Title IX Investigator