Google Apps for Education
G Suite for Education
Albemarle County Public Schools subscribes to G Suite for Education. This suite of tools includes Gmail, Google Drive, Sites, Calendar, Chat and additional tools that staff and students can use to streamline instructional tasks. Google offers integrated, easy communication and collaboration with real-time editing, sharing and compatibility - an ideal environment for learning in the 21st century. Anytime, anywhere access from any kind of device frees up time for teaching and learning.
More information about what G Suite for Education offers
ACPS Google Tool Settings
- ACPS directions for student login
- ACPS staff that need an account reset or need an account created please log a ticket at the service desk
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @acpslearntech.
Attention Seniors, Students, & Staff Exiting the School Division
ACPS Google Transition Recommendations
High School Seniors, students, and staff exiting the school division who wish to archive or move items from their @k12albemarle.org Google account should follow the directions below. Accounts will be available for a limited time after your departure (less than 30 days).
Users of New Google Sites - Please be aware that the new version of Google Sites does not allow users to transfer outside of our ACPS domain like the traditional sites. If you would like to access photographs, video, text and more from your new Google site after graduation you will need to manually download those items from your existing google site.
NOTE - We do expect that this recommendation will evolve in the next couple of weeks, this documentation will be updated as necessary.
- How to use Google Takeout to archive Google Drive, Calendar and Contacts
- How to import Google Drive data into my personal Gmail account from Google Takeout
- How to import Google Calendar into my personal Gmail account from Google Takeout
- How to import Google Contacts into my personal Gmail account from Google Takeout
- Directions on how to move a Google Site from your @k12albemarle.org account to your personal Gmail account
How to export and import your Blogger account
Staff needing additional assistance can reach out to their school’s Learning Technology Integrator or submit a service desk ticket.
Students needing assistance can contact their school’s student helpdesk or work with one of their teachers.