Illuminate Data and Analysis (DnA) allows ACPS staff members to create and administer student formative and summative assessments as well as perform in-depth data analysis of a wide range of assessment results.
|Student Testing Login||Teacher & Administrator Login|
Featured Links (require login to ACPS website)
Email ACPS Illuminate Support
- I cannot log in to Illuminate.
- I cannot find the test I am supposed to take.
- I cannot get my test to load.
- My Locked Browser test will not launch.
- The content I pasted into the test text box is not saving.
- Verify you are logging into the Albemarle County Public Schools Illuminate Student Testing Portal site. Students and Teachers log in to different sites.
- Ensure you are using your correct ACPS Network username (not full email address) and current password.
- Try closing/restarting or switching the browser.
- If unsuccessful, try restarting the computer.
- If you need to reset your password, follow your school’s protocol – DO NOT use the “Forgot Password” button on login screen.
- For problems with student network username/password, contact the ACPS Service Desk (434) 975-9444.
If you log in and do not have the test you are supposed to take listed in the list of assessments, contact your teacher.
- Ask your teacher to verify they assigned the test to you and that you have the correct test title.
- Ask your teacher to check to see if the End Date of your testing window has passed.
- If you are returning to finish an assessment, check to see if you have already submitted it.
If you are having technical difficulties with your Illuminate assessment, please contact your teacher. You probably aren't the only one having trouble.
- Are you receiving an error message? If so, write it down or take a screenshot. This will help us with a solution.
- Is your test a Locked Browser assessment? If so, see the troubleshooting steps in the next panel.
- Try switching browsers - Chrome and Firefox are preferred browsers to use with Illuminate.
- You might need to clear the cache - use the steps in this KACE article.
- Have you restarted your computer recently? Try a restart to make sure any recent updates are loaded.
Your teacher can let you know if you have been assigned a Locked Browser assessment or not. Tell your teacher if you continue to have difficulty launching the test.
- You must be testing on your ACPS computer. The the Illuminate Locked Browser requires special software that is loaded onto all ACPS student computers.
- If browser fails to launch and you are on an ACPS computer, the correct software may not be loaded. Search the Programs list for “Illuminate Locked Browser.”
- If you use a personal computer for testing you will not be able to launch tests that use the locked browser.
- The Locked Browser will shut down ALL open programs when launched. You should close all open programs before logging into the test portal to help ensure the test loads properly.
- Students will get a pop‐up window requesting permission to launch the application – select “OK” (Firefox) or “Launch Application” (Chrome).
- Sometimes the pop-up window will be behind your open browser - check to see if there are additional open tabs or windows if you are having trouble with the test launch
- Locked browser will launch and the page with the “Begin Test” button will load. If you have any other programs open, a message will display to close them – follow the prompts. Too many open programs will make the program run slowly; you may need to restart computer to get test to launch.
When copying and pasting from a Word or Google Doc into the Illuminate Testing Portal constructed response question answer space, some students have had trouble getting the text to save.
Please verify your text displays by going to the Review/Finish Test screen and returning to the question before submitting.
If the text did not save, try the following:
- Copy/paste using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts, rather than browser or "right-click" links.
- Type and delete some characters after the text you pasted and wait for the program to show the text has saved.
If you are still having trouble getting the content to save, please contact your teacher.
- Alternative Assessments and Performance Tasks
- History/Social Studies
- World Languages
Guide for manual score entry of Alternative Assessment or Performance Task student scores (requires login to ACPS website)
- Alternative Assessment and Performance Task Score Entry (current for 2021-22 school year)
Administration Guide for testing in Illuminate (requires login to ACPS website)
Slide Decks from Illuminate presentations in Making Connections 2021 (require login to ACPS SharePoint)