School Health Advisory Board
The School Health Advisory Board (SHAB) assists with developing health policy in Albemarle County Public Schools and evaluating the status of school health, health education, the school environment, and health services.
Code of Virginia Reference: § 22.1-275.1. School health advisory board.
2022-23 Meeting Schedule
SHAB meets quarterly, but also by special session at the request of the Superintendent or School Board.
- October 25, 2022 | 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Public Comment
- Pancreatic Enzymes
- RNs in Schools / School Health Services
- January 18, 2023 | 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- March 15, 2023 | 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- May 17, 2023 | 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
SHAB meetings are open to the public.
SHAB membership includes perspectives from parents, students, health professionals, educators and other community members.
- Brenda Doremus-Daniel, Rio District
- Mark Niehaus, Rivanna District
- Gemilia Bouber, Samuel Miller District
- Kristen Carty, Scottsville District
- Kristy Davis, White Hall District
- Rebecca Abernathy, At-Large
- Erin Callas, Blue Ridge Health Department
- Lori Balaban, Albemarle Medical Association
- Christine Eagleson, Superintendent’s Appointee
- Melissa Sabol – Journey District
- Eileen Gomez, ACPS Employee
- Kevin Kirst, ACPS Employee
- Christina Pitsenberger, ACPS Employee
- Chris Siebert, ACPS Employee