Professional Development Reimbursement Program (PDRP)
Professional Development Reimbursement Program provides employees with the opportunity to be reimbursed for professional development expenses once each semester. Employees can apply for reimbursement during the winter/spring and summer/fall.
Currently employed Albemarle County full time teachers and classified staff are eligible to apply for PDRP reimbursement for one three hour college credit bearing course or conference per semester. Reimbursement schedules for for full time employees for each term are below:
Course reimbursement = up to $750
Conference reimbursement = up to $250 for attending
Presenting at a Conference = up to $750
Part-time teachers and part time classified staff are eligible to apply for PDRP for one three hour college credit bearing course per fiscal/school year up to $750 reimbursement.
Coursework for teachers who are working toward their provisional licensure is fully covered by PDRP funds.
Conference reimbursement covers - conference fee/registration cost, travel, food and/or hotel up to $250 for attending and up to $750 for presenting.
With our Professional Learning Management System (PLMS), you are now able to apply for PDRP directly from your account! Simply log in and follow the steps on the "Steps to PDRP" tab. Once submitted, your application will automatically travel to Central Office to receive approval for reimbursement and recertification points (that's right, PDRP now collects recertification points in addition to reimbursement funds!)
See the "Steps to PDRP" tab for a full explanation of the steps to completing both the PDRP application and adding documentation to your request once the course or conference is complete. You can also find these steps on the PLMS Resource Webpage.
CLICK HERE TO LOG INTO YOUR PLMS ACCOUNT AND APPLY!
PDRP in the PLMS
PDRP Steps: Click Paths
You can request that credit for a course or activity completed elsewhere (externally) be added to your transcript. If approved, you may receive the appropriate reimbursement and recertification points/credits for your professional development conference, course, or activity. Be sure to discuss your PD plans with your principal prior to submitting an application.
Follow the steps Below:
- Select the External Credit Request tab located at the top of the screen.
- Select New Request to create your credit request.
Select the appropriate Approval Type for your request.
Reimbursement Approval Types Include:
PD Reimbursement - Course - replaces the PDRP Application Form
PD Reimbursement - Conference - replaces the PDRP Application Form
- Complete the credit request form, noting that all the fields marked with an asterisk are required fields. Then click Submit for Pre-Approval. The application will then go to the PD department for approval.
Note: If you want to save your reimbursement request to complete at another time, select Close. When you are ready to finish your request, navigate to My Requests and select the reimbursement request to resume editing.
Once the request is sent, the status will depend on its current approval state. Statuses include:
- Pending Pre-Approval: The credit request is in the process of gaining pre-approvals from Central Office and will not yet show on your transcript.
- Pending: This status indicates applications have been submitted and gained pre-approval(s). The application will remain in this status until the course/conference/activity is complete. The user will return to the original request on their end and upload the proper documentation. When this is done, the Credit Approver (Central Office) will review and approve for reimbursement and recertification point distribution.
- Approved: The credit request has been successfully approved and supporting documents have been uploaded. Points will show on your transcript and reimbursement funds will be awarded.
- Denied: The credit request has been denied. See the approver's notes for more information on the denial.
- Once pre-approved and your course/conference/project is complete, return to your original request in order to submit the required back up documentation to receive your full reimbursement and recertification points. Your documentation will be reviewed and if accepted, you will receive an email notification. Reimbursement funds and points cannot be awarded until this step is complete.
Revise a Denied Request
- Select the Credit Request Event Title or select the action menu and select View.
- Review the reasons for the request denial under History.
- Make any necessary edits and changes. Then click Re-Submit For Credit Approval.
The request will once again appear as pending.
- Quick Facts
- When Can A I Request Reimbursement?
- Course Reimbursement: What Documentation Should I Submit?
- Conference Reimbursement: What Documentation Should I Submit?
- Are PDRP Applications Approved on a First-Come, First-Serve Basis?
- Is a Supervisor Signature Required for PDRP Applications?
- What is the Reimbursement Cap?
- How Long Before I Receive My Approved Reimbursement?
- Additional PDRP Forms
When Can A I Request Reimbursement?
Course Reimbursement: What Documentation Should I Submit?
Conference Reimbursement: What Documentation Should I Submit?
Are PDRP Applications Approved on a First-Come, First-Serve Basis?
Is a Supervisor Signature Required for PDRP Applications?
What is the Reimbursement Cap?
Up to $750 per course OR up to $250 per conference per semester (*if applicant is a conference presenter, they may receive up to $750 per conference per semester)
- July 1-December 31: Summer/Fall
- January 1-June 30: Winter/Spring