Professional Development Reimbursement Program (PDRP)
The Professional Development Reimbursement Program provides employees with the opportunity to be reimbursed for professional development expenses once each semester. Employees can apply for reimbursement during the winter/spring and summer/fall.
Currently employed Albemarle County full time teachers and classified staff are eligible to apply for PDRP reimbursement for one 3 hour college credit bearing course or conference per semester. Reimbursement amounts for for full time employees for each term are below:
- Course reimbursement = up to $750
- Conference reimbursement = up to $250 for attending
- Presenting at a Conference = up to $750
Part-time teachers and part time classified staff are eligible to apply for PDRP for one 3 hour college credit bearing course per fiscal/school year up to $750 reimbursement.
Coursework for teachers who are working toward their provisional licensure is fully covered by PDRP funds.
Conference reimbursement covers conference fee/registration cost, travel, food and/or hotel up to $250 for attending and up to $750 for presenting.
Submitting PDRP Requests
With the Professional Learning Management System (PLMS), you are able to apply for PDRP directly from your account! Simply log in and follow the steps on the "PDRP in the PLMS" tab. Once submitted, your application will be routed to Central Office to receive approval for reimbursement and recertification points.
See the "PDRP in the PLMS" tab for an overview of the steps to complete the PDRP application and to add documentation to your request once the course or conference is complete. You can find a walkthrough of the full process here.
You can request that credit for a course or conference completed elsewhere (externally) be added to your transcript. If approved, you will receive the appropriate reimbursement and recertification points for your professional development conference or course. Be sure to discuss your PD plans with your principal prior to submitting an application.
Follow the steps Below:
- Sign into the PLMS and select the External Credit Request tab located at the top of the screen.
- Select New Request to create a new credit request.
Select the appropriate Approval Type for your request.
- Reimbursement Approval Types Include:
- Profesional Development Reimbursement: Course
- Professional Development Reimbursement: Conference
- Complete the credit request form, noting that all fields marked with an asterisk are required. Then click Submit for Pre-Approval.
- The Professional Development department will review and Pre-Approve or Deny your request. You will receive an email notification when this occurs. If your application is denied, you can revise and resubmit your request depending on the reason given for the denial.
- When you have finished the course or conference, return to your original External Credit Request in the PLMS to upload all required documentation. It will be under the Pending/Denied Requests tab. Reimbursement funds and points cannot be awarded until this step is complete.
- Upload all required documentation. Then click Submit for Credit Approval.
- Course Reimbursement
- General Expense Form
- Make a copy before completing
- Official Transcript
- Accounting will process your reimbursement with an unofficial transcript, but an official transcript is required to receive PD points
- Proof of Payment
- General Expense Form
- Conference Reimbursement
- Course Reimbursement
Your submission will be reviewed and, if approved, submitted to Accounting for processing according to this schedule. Accounting issues reimbursements on the second paycheck of every month. You will receive an Approval Notification via email that will include the date you should receive your reimbursement.
Once you receive the Approval Notification, your request will be under the Approved tab and your PD points will appear on your transcript.
- Quick Facts
- When Can A I Request Reimbursement?
- Course Reimbursement: What Documentation Should I Submit?
- Conference Reimbursement: What Documentation Should I Submit?
- Are PDRP Applications Approved on a First-Come, First-Serve Basis?
- Is a Supervisor Signature Required for PDRP Applications?
- What is the Reimbursement Cap?
- How Long Before I Receive My Approved Reimbursement?
- Additional PDRP Documents
Once all paperwork is received and processed, the reimbursement is sent to Accounting. Reimbursements will recieved via direct deposit on the second paycheck of the month. They are paid according to the highlighted 14 day Biweekly dates on this document.