Professional Development Reimbursement Program (PDRP)
New Steps to Submitting PDRP!
With our new Professional Learning Management System (PLMS), you are now able to apply for PDRP directly from your account! Simply log in and follow the steps on the "New Steps to PDRP" tab. Once submitted, your application will automatically travel to Central Office to receive approval for reimbursement and recertification points (that's right, PDRP now collects recertification points in addition to reimbursement funds!)
See the "New Steps to PDRP" tab for a full explanation of the new steps to completing both the PDRP application and adding documentation to your request once the course or conference is complete. You can also find these steps on the PLMS Resource Webpage.
PDRP applications must be submitted via your Professional Learning Management System account PRIOR to the start of your conference or course. Once received, it will be reviewed by the PD committee for approval. You will be notified of the status by email, within a month.
Currently employed Albemarle County full time teachers are eligible to apply for PDRP reimbursement for one course or conference per semester. You can apply for up to $750 for one course or up to $250 for attending one conference per teacher, per semester or up to $750 for presenters for one conference per semester.
Part-time teachers are eligible to apply for PDRP for once course per fiscal/school year. Up to $750 per fiscal/school year.
Conference reimbursement covers - conference fee/registration cost, travel, food and/or hotel up to $250 for attending and up to $750 for presenting.
PDRP Steps: Click Paths
You can request that credit for a course or activity completed elsewhere (externally) be added to your transcript. If approved, you may receive the appropriate reimbursement and recertification points/credits for your professional development conference, course, or activity. Be sure to discuss your PD plans with your principal prior to submitting an application.
Follow the steps Below:
- Select the External Credit Request tab located at the top of the screen.
- Select New Request to create your credit request.
Select the appropriate Approval Type for your request.
Reimbursement Approval Types Include:
PD Reimbursement - Course - replaces the PDRP Application Form
PD Reimbursement - Conference - replaces the PDRP Application Form
- Complete the credit request form, noting that all the fields marked with an asterisk are required fields. Then click Submit for Pre-Approval. The application will then go to the PD department for approval.
Note: If you want to save your reimbursement request to complete at another time, select Close. When you are ready to finish your request, navigate to My Requests and select the reimbursement request to resume editing.
Once the request is sent, the status will depend on its current approval state. Statuses include:
- Pending Pre-Approval: The credit request is in the process of gaining pre-approvals from Central Office and will not yet show on your transcript.
- Pending: This status indicates applications have been submitted and gained pre-approval(s). The application will remain in this status until the course/conference/activity is complete. The user will return to the original request on their end and upload the proper documentation. When this is done, the Credit Approver (Central Office) will review and approve for reimbursement and recertification point distribution.
- Approved: The credit request has been successfully approved and supporting documents have been uploaded. Points will show on your transcript and reimbursement funds will be awarded.
- Denied: The credit request has been denied. See the approver's notes for more information on the denial.
- Once pre-approved and your course/conference/project is complete, return to your original request in order to submit the required back up documentation to receive your full reimbursement and recertification points. Your documentation will be reviewed and if accepted, you will receive an email notification. Reimbursement funds and points cannot be awarded until this step is complete.
Revise a Denied Request
- Select the Credit Request Event Title or select the action menu and select View.
- Review the reasons for the request denial under History.
- Make any necessary edits and changes. Then click Re-Submit For Credit Approval.
The request will once again appear as pending.
- Quick Facts
- When Can A Teacher Request Reimbursement?
- Course Reimbursement: What Documentation Should Teachers Submit?
- Conference Reimbursement: What Documentation Should Teachers Submit?
- Are PDRP Applications Approved on a First-Come, First-Serve Basis?
- Is a Principal's Signature Required for PDRP Applications?
- Is There A Cap Amount That A Teacher Can Be Reimbursed?
- How Long Before I Receive My Approved Reimbursement?
- Can Teaching Assistants and Other Non-Exempt Classified Staff Apply for PDRP?
- Additional PDRP Forms
Up to $750 per course OR up to $250 per conference per semester (*if applicant is a conference presenter, they may receive up to $750 per conference per semester)
- July 1-December 31: Summer/Fall
- January 1-June 30: Winter/Spring