ACPS Nurses Bust COVID-19 Myths
Information about COVID-19 is rapidly evolving, and it can be difficult sometimes to tell fact from fiction. ACPS school nurses have worked together to prepare this list of common COVID-19 myths to help you protect yourself and your family during this challenging time.
Click on the myths below to learn the facts:
- Myth #1: Children do not get COVID-19.
- Myth #2: Children are only contagious if they show symptoms.
- Myth #3: If you can hold your breath for 10 seconds without discomfort, you don't have COVID-19.
- Myth #4: Masks will not help us control the spread of COVID-19.
- Myth #5: If I am wearing a mask, I don't need to wash my hands as often.
- Myth #6: Disinfectants can help treat infection.
- Myth #7: Thermal temperature scanners can tell if you have COVID-19.
- Myth #8: Hot or humid climates protect you from COVID-19.
- Myth #9: Large amounts of UV light can help treat COVID-19 infection.
- Myth #10: Drinking alcohol can prevent COVID-19 infection.
- Frequently Asked Questions (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- 5 Common COVID-19 Myths, Busted (Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Myth busters (World Health Organization)
- 5 Coronavirus Myths (Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital)