All students use their knowledge about their community, nation, and world to be active citizens in our global community.
To develop active and engaged citizens for the 21st century.
A multifaceted social studies program results in students with the capacity to:
- Conduct research with balance and depth
- Develop as well as recognize cogent and complex arguments
- Evaluate sources for purpose, bias, and accuracy
- Communicate effectively in a range of formats
- Make informed decisions
- Solve increasingly complex problems
- Engage with their communities and the world with care and interest
John Hobson, Social Studies Facilitator
Phone (434) 296-5820
Fax (434) 872-4564