Preschool Application Information
Preschool Network Application Forms and Instructions
The goal of the preschool programs in Albemarle County is to provide comprehensive early-childhood learning experiences for students with risk factors that may prevent academic success. The Bright Stars Program, Early Childhood Special Education and the Head Start Program use one common application which can be accessed at Go2Grow.com.
Only Albemarle County residents applications will be considered for eligibility for our preschool programs.
Your child may be eligible for enrollment in Bright Stars if…
- Your family income is at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines [https://aspe.hhs.gov/topics/poverty-economic-mobility/poverty-guidelines], or
- Your family is experiencing homelessness, or
- Either parent/guardian did not graduate high school, or
- The child is eligible for special education services.
- Other child and family risk factors will also be considered
Application for 2023-24
Begin by completing an application for our Albemarle County Preschool programs:
The “Frequently Asked Questions” page provides information on how to submit your application and the required documents:
- Applications are accepted year-round to fill vacancies as they occur
- Families are notified about acceptance and placement decisions by early-mid May
- Complete only one application per child
- Proof of income is required when the application is submitted
- Child must be 4-years old by September 30 for the Bright Stars Program
- Child must be 3- or 4-years-old by September 30 for Head Start
- Programs operate during the regular elementary school day and follow the ACPS's calendar
Questions about ACPS preschool?
Call 434-296-5820 Ext. 13524 to speak with Lisa Molinaro, ACPS Preschool Lead Coach, or call Carol Fox, ACDSS Program Supervisor, at 434-484-0940.