2023-24 Budget Development
- February 16, 2023 | Superintendent presents draft funding request to the School Board; Special Budget Work Session #1
- February 23, 2023 | Special Budget Work Session #2
- March 2, 2023 | School Board hosts public hearing on school budget; Special Budget Work Session #3
- March 9, 2023 | School Board approves funding request
- March 13, 2023 | School Board presents funding request to Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
- April 27, 2023 | School Board adopts a final budget
For general information about our annual budget planning process and community engagement opportunities, please visit our Budget Information page.
Information about the County of Albemarle's current budget and budget development process is available on the County's Budget site.
ACPS staff are working diligently to develop a draft budget for next school year that will enable high-quality teaching and learning while meeting student, employee and family needs. Our community's views are an important part of that work! This fall, we hosted several community conversations in which we invited students, employees, and advisory groups to share ideas for improving teaching and learning in our schools. Our goal is to build a budget for the 2023-24 school year that reflects those ideas.
We started by matching the proposed recommendations to the goals and objectives of our strategic plan, Learning for All, that they best support. Then, we invited our students, employees, families, and community members to review those proposals and help us determine if they are the right ideas to prioritize in our budget. Our budget survey, open from November 7-22, 2022, yielded 1,493 responses:
Please visit our Historical Budget Documents web page for a complete archive of budget documents, reports and presentations.