International Exchange Program
We welcome international students to become part of Albemarle County Public Schools through a Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET)-approved program.
"Language, like travel, is always stranger than we expect and often more beautiful than we imagine."
~ Elizabeth Little, author and linguist
Frequently Asked Questions
- My international student is interested in studying abroad in Albemarle County Public Schools. What are some CSIET-approved programs with which I can work?
- What does CSIET mean and how can I learn more about it?
- What are Albemarle County Public Schools' expectations and process for international exchange student applications?
- I am an international exchange program representative. What do I need to prepare in order to submit a student application?
- How many spaces do you have for international exchange students?
- How long do students need to study in Albemarle County Public Schools?
- What is the deadline for submitting an international exchange student application?
- I have a completed student application that I would like the International & ESOL Welcome Center to review. What is my next step?