Counseling Program Information
School Counseling Program
Core Counseling Curriculum
School counselors provide collaborative lessons within the classroom that support a proactive, prevention-based model serving all students.
- Classroom Instruction
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum
- Group Activities
- Parent Workshops and Instruction
Individual Student Planning
School counselors coordinate activities that help all students plan, monitor and manage their own learning, as well as meet competencies in areas of academic, career, and personal/social development.
- Individual and/or Small Group Appraisal
- Individual and/or Small Group Advisement
School counselors provide support to meet the immediate needs and concerns of individual students.
- Counseling – individual and/or small group (non-therapeutic)
- Crisis Counseling (prevention, intervention, follow-up)
- Peer Facilitations (peer counselors, peer mediators)
School counselors manage activities that establish, maintain and enhance the total school counseling program.
- Professional Development (In-service, training, professional organizations, post-graduate education)
- Consultation, collaboration and teaming-consultation, partnerships, advisory council, school division committees, community outreach.
- Program Management and Operation Management activities, data analysis, fair-share responsibilities.