2021-2022 EDEP Registration
Thank you for your interest in Albemarle County Public Schools' Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP)!
As ACPS prepares to welcome back students to five (5) days per week of in-person instruction, EDEP is adapting to meet the varied needs of our families, and to provide a safe, enriching program. We will return to our normal offerings—the After School Enrichment Program (ASEP), including a Half-Day Program, and the Student Holiday Program. Space is limited. The number of students EDEP is able to serve will be determined by health and safety protocols, staffing availability, and the space provided by each school.
EDEP uses a random selection process (or lottery) to enroll students in our program. If you are interested in registering for EDEP for the 2021-22 school year, please complete our Student Information Form.
Families will be notified by email as space becomes available. Once families receive confirmation of enrollment, registration fees and tuition are due by 4:30 pm the next business day.
Steps of the Random Selection Process
- Interested families will indicate their interest in participating in the lottery by completing a Student Information Form during a designated window.
- EDEP will use a random selection process (also called a drawing or lottery) to register students for the 2021-2022 school year.
- As space allows, we will do our best to place all siblings listed on the forms that are drawn.
- Once families receive confirmation of enrollment, registration fees are due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- Students who do not receive a spot in our program will be added to a waitlist in the order in which their names are drawn. (Reminder: Registration fees are not required if your child is placed on a waitlist.)
Tuition and Fees
- One-time, non-refundable program registration fees:
- After School Enrichment Program: $50
- Student Holiday Program: $30
- Tuition rates: (Each cycle is approximately 4 weeks.)
- After School Enrichment Program, Full-time: $255 per cycle (Half-Day Program included)
- After School Enrichment Program, Part-time: $185 per cycle (Half-Day Program may be purchased separately*)
- Student Holiday Program: $50 per day
- *Half-Day Program, Part-time participants only:
- Regularly Scheduled Day: $10
- Non-Scheduled Day: $25
- Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP) are available to students in Kindergarten through Grade 5; however, students must be 5 years old before they can attend the EDEP program. Kindergartners who are 4 may be registered, but they cannot attend until they turn 5.
- All accounts must be current (no outstanding balances) prior to registering for the 2021-2022 school year.
- We will void any registration if it contains false or misleading information.
- The 2021-2022 school year contains ten (10) payment cycles. The selected after-school program attendance option must be purchased every cycle to secure your child's space.
- The days your child will attend must be selected at the time of registration.
- If payment is not received by noon on the first day of the cycle, services will be suspended, which constitutes official withdrawal from the program. Registration will be inactive and the student will be placed at the end of a waitlist. Readmission is subject to space availability and will incur a $20 reinstatement fee.
- EDEP does not operate if school closes earlier than the regular dismissal time. Please make certain your child’s school has current information regarding where your child should go in the event of an early closing.
Financial assistance for EDEP programs is available. Learn more »