Registration Changes and Updates
2020-2021 EDEP Registration
Thank you for your interest in Albemarle County Public Schools' Extended Day Enrichment Program (EDEP)!
As the School Board decided at their February 11, 2021 meeting that the school division will move to Stage 4 of the Return to School plan, the EDEP will resume our regular offerings, the After School Enrichment Program (ASEP) and a Full Day [Friday] Program. EDEP is adapting to meet the varied needs of our families, and to provide a safe, enriching program during this challenging time. Space is limited. The number of students EDEP is able to serve will be determined by staffing availability and the space provided by each school.
EDEP will use a random selection process (or lottery) to enroll students in our program. If you are interested in EDEP for the 2020-21 school year, please complete our Student Information Form by noon, Thursday, February 25, 2021.
We will use the completed Student Information Forms to conduct the lottery drawing to enroll students based on program capacity We will provide an update on our timeline as soon as possible.
Steps of the Random Selection Process
- Interested families will indicate their interest in participating in the lottery by completing a Student Information Form during a designated window.
- EDEP will use a random selection process (also called a drawing or lottery) to register students for the 2020-2021 school year.
- As space allows, we will do our best to place all siblings listed on the forms that are drawn.
- Once families receive confirmation of registration, payment is due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- Students who do not receive a spot in our program will be added to a waitlist in the order in which their names are drawn. (Reminder: Registration fees are not required if your child is placed on a waitlist.)
Tuition and Fees
Once families receive confirmation of registration, payment is due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- After-School Registration Fee: $50 per school year.
- Full Day [Friday] Program Registration Fee: $30 per school year
- After-School Tuition--K-5 students learning in our buildings 4 days per week: $255 per cycle
- After-School Tuition--4/5 students learning in our buildings 2 days per week): $160 per cycle
- Full Day [Friday] Program Tuition: $50 per day
- Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP) are available to students in Kindergarten through Grade 5; however, students must be 5 years old before they can attend the EDEP program. Kindergartners who are 4 may be registered, but they cannot attend until they turn 5.
- All accounts must be current (no outstanding balances) prior to registering for the 2020-2021 school year.
- We will void any registration if it contains false or misleading information.
- The 2020-2021 school year contains three (3) payment cycles. The selected after-school program attendance option must be purchased every cycle to secure your child's space.
- The days your child will attend must be selected at the time of registration.
- If payment is not received by noon on the first day of the cycle, services will be suspended, which constitutes official withdrawal from the program. Registration will be inactive and the student will be placed at the end of a waitlist. Readmission is subject to space availability and will incur a $20 reinstatement fee.
- EDEP does not operate on half-days or if school dismisses early. Please make certain your child’s school has current information regarding where your child should go in the event of an early closing.
Financial assistance for EDEP programs is available. Learn more »