2022-2023 EDEP Registration
Thank you for your interest in Albemarle County Public Schools' Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP)!
EDEP operates two (2) child care programs — the After School Enrichment Program (ASEP) and the Student Holiday Program (SHP). Space is limited. The number of students EDEP is able to serve will be determined by staffing availability and the space provided by each school.
EDEP will use a random selection process (or lottery) to enroll students in our program. If you are interested in registering for EDEP for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete our Student Information Form at any time during the designated dates for your child's school below:
|May 9, 8 a.m. to
May 16, 11:59 p.m.
|May 12, 8 a.m. to
May 19, 11:59 p.m.
|May 16, 8 a.m. to
May 23, 11:59 p.m.
Please note: The Information Form can only be accessed during the designated dates for your child's school listed in the chart above.
Space in EDEP’s child care programs is limited. Based on the capacity at each school, EDEP will use the completed Student Information Forms and a random selection process (lottery drawing) to enroll students in our programs. Families will be notified of the enrollment status of their child(ren) within five (5) business days after the registration window closes for their school.
Steps of the Random Selection Process
- Interested families will indicate their interest in participating in the lottery by completing a Student Information Form during a designated window.
- EDEP will use a random selection process (also called a drawing or lottery) to register students for the 2022-2023 school year.
- As space allows, we will do our best to place all siblings listed on the forms that are drawn.
- Once families receive confirmation of enrollment, registration fees are due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- Students who do not receive a spot in our program will be added to a waitlist in the order in which their names are drawn. (Reminder: Registration fees are not required if your child is placed on a waitlist.)
Tuition and Fees
- One-time, non-refundable program registration fees:
- After School Enrichment Program: $50
- Student Holiday Program: $30
- Tuition rates: (Each cycle is approximately 4 weeks.)
- After School Enrichment Program, Full-time: $290 per cycle
- After School Enrichment Program, Part-time: $210 per cycle
- Student Holiday Program: $50 per day
- Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP) are available to students in Kindergarten through Grade 5; however, students must be 5 years old before they can attend the EDEP program. Kindergartners who are 4 may be registered, but they cannot attend until they turn 5.
- All accounts must be current (no outstanding balances) prior to registering for the 2022-2023 school year.
- We will void any registration if it contains false or misleading information.
- The 2022-2023 school year contains ten (10) payment cycles. The selected after-school program attendance option must be purchased every cycle to secure your child's space.
- The days your child will attend must be selected at the time of registration.
- If payment is not received by noon on the first day of the cycle, services will be suspended, which constitutes official withdrawal from the program. Registration will be inactive and the student will be placed at the end of a waitlist. Readmission is subject to space availability and will incur a $20 reinstatement fee.
- EDEP does not operate if school closes earlier than the regular dismissal time. Please make certain your child’s school has current information regarding where your child should go in the event of an early closing.
EDEP offers financial assistance. We will begin accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year on August 1, 2022.