The Facilities Planning Department's primary responsibility is to monitor, analyze, and plan for the long-term facilities needs of the school division. The work of the department informs the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and strives to ensure all students and staff are in adequate space.
Building capacity calculations, enrollment projections, capital project requests, redistricting and other related topics fall under the purview of the department.
Presentations and Documents
- Growth + Demographic Change in Our Schools (February 13, 2018 presentation to the School Board, Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission)
- High School Facility Planning Study
- School Board FY19 CIP Request (August 10, 2017 Presentation)
- Student Enrollment Analysis and Projections for Albemarle County Schools Report by Weldon Cooper Center (December 14, 2016)
- Community Meeting, November 29th - Woodbrook Addition
- ACPS Enrollment Growth and Demographic Changes
- Community Meeting, September 6th - Woodbrook Addition
- Board of Supervisors, May 11th Meeting - Potential Bond Referendum Projects
- Community Meeting, February 10th - Woodbrook Addition
- School Board Meeting, January 26th and February 9th - CIP Revision