» Instructional Practices Audit Report to the Albemarle County School Board (PPT)
» Report #1: Holistic Experiences of Students of Color
» Report #2: Classroom Level Experiences of Students of Color
» Report #3: The Role of Systems & Structures in the Achievement of Students of Color
» Report #4: Root Causes and Recommendations
Over 14 weeks, Bellwether will partner with ACPS to complete the audit in three phases:
- Phase 1: Prepare for Success and Get to Know ACPS (4 weeks)
- During this phase, Bellwether will work with ACPS to ensure that their team knows the ins and outs of ACPS. This will include data review and engagement with internal stakeholders in ACPS.
- Phase 2: Assessing the Current State (6 weeks)
- During the second phase, the Bellwether team will collect and analyze data to assess how the investments in our students and staff, through curriculum and professional development, are supported at the division level and executed at the classroom level. The Bellwether team will then assess the impact of these investments for students, families, principals and other school-based staff.
- Phase 3: Root Cause Analysis (4 weeks)
- During the final phase of the audit, Bellwether will identify key themes and trends among our data to identify root causes for persistent achievement gaps and recommend actions we can take to address those causes.
- October 26, 2022 | Task Force Meeting
- November 29, 2022 | Task Force Meeting
- February 22, 2023 | Task Force Meeting
- March 22, 2023 | Task Force Meeting
- March 22 and March 23, 2023 | Bellwether In-Classroom Activities
- Classroom observations, small group interviews with students and staff, and small group interviews with family members
- April 2023 | Task Force Meeting
- May 2023 | Task Force Meeting
- June 8, 2023 | Presentation of recommendations to School Board
- June 12, 2023 | Final Task Force Meeting with Superintendent
"Bellwether is a national nonprofit focused on dramatically changing education and life outcomes for systemically marginalized young people and their communities. We do this by accelerating the impact of education leaders and organizations, informing and influencing policy and program design, and sharing what we learn.
Bellwether envisions a world in which race, ethnicity, and income no longer predict opportunities and outcomes for students, and the American education system affords all individuals."