Teacher Performance Appraisal
"What teachers know and can do makes the most difference in what children learn." Linda Darling-Hammond
Our Vision for the TPA
The Albemarle County Public Schools Teacher Performance Appraisal (TPA) provides a systematic structure to build and ensure a culture of professional learners committed to meeting the educational needs of all students.
The TPA is a growth based model designed to meet the needs of teachers in Albemarle County Public Schools. This model attempts to provide more opportunities to elevate the discussion regarding best practices in education as well as the needs of the individual teacher in the professional development process.
- TPA Rubrics for 2013-14. Key changes include:
- What used to be our "domains" are now "standards" to align with evaluation guidance from the VDOE
- Each standard is supported by observable indicators. Indicators were pulled from the Pre-2013 Performance Rubrics and referenced by "key element" for reflection.
- Each standard has one rubric.
- Three-Year Appraisal Timeline for Tenured Teachers: Tenured teachers will now have a full evaluation every three years instead of annually. Non-tenured teachers will have a full evaluation annually.
- Professional Development Opportunities for Teachers
- Student Surveys Now Available in Multiple Languages - Online versions of the students surveys are now available in multiple languages including Arabic, French, Korean, Thai, Spanish, and Turkish. Please contact Chris Gilman (email@example.com) in DART for details.
Dr. Matthew Haas
Albemarle County Public Schools
401 McIntire Road, Room 333
Charlottesville, VA 22902