ESOL Family Support
Serving English Learner (EL) Families
English Language Learners (ELLs) may have a wide variety of needs and special circumstances. Over 30 years of research shows that one of the most effective ways to meet student needs and increase student achievement is for parents to be actively involved in the education of their children.
ACPS is committed to improving parent and family involvement for all students. We believe that family school collaboration is essential to student success.
The ESOL Family Engagement & Student Support Liaison is available to assist schools and teachers with involving EL families in their children’s education and school. The Liaison also supports ESOL families by managing the interpretation and translation system and connecting them with community resources.
please visit the International & ESOL program website for more information.
- 4 Parent Engagement Strategies for English Language Learners
- NAFSCE, National Association for Family, School, and Community Engagement
- Colorín Colorado
- Department of Education
- America’s Promise Alliance
- Education Week
Parent Training and Education
- Family Literacy Application for school projects
- Teaching families how to help their children with reading
- Community Offered English Classes
- Homework Help