2024-25 Kindergarten Registration: April 17 – May 31, 2024
Kindergarten Registration includes completing an online registration form and providing required documentation to your child's school. Kindergarten Registration for the 2024-25 school year will open online on Wednesday, April 17, and extend through Friday, May 31.
To register for kindergarten or if your child has been accepted into the Bright Stars program or Head Start, please follow these steps:
- Review admission requirements.
To enroll in kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year, your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2024, and reside in Albemarle County.
- Determine your school attendance area.
Albemarle County Public Schools determines which of our 15 elementary schools your child will attend for kindergarten based on your physical (home) address.
- Prepare to present required documents. In order to enroll your child in kindergarten, state law requires you to provide certain information to the school division. Our online registration form provides an opportunity for families to upload required documents. We recommend that you gather your documentation prior to completing our online registration form. If you do not have all of your required documentation at the time you submit the registration form, you will need to make arrangements with your child's school to provide the documentation.
- Complete an online registration form.
Albemarle County Public Schools uses an online registration form to collect the information used to enroll your child in one of our schools.
To receive on-site assistance with the registration process, please contact your child's school to schedule an appointment.
For assistance registering a child who was not born in the United States or speaks a language other than English, or if the documents needed for school registration were issued in a foreign country, contact the International & English Learners (EL) Program at 434-296-6517.
- For more information, call 434-296-5820. For bilingual assistance, call 434-296-6517. (Para asistencia bilingüe, llame 434-296-6517.)
- For answers to the most frequently asked questions about registering your child to attend Albemarle County Public Schools, or to find contact information for individuals who can assist with the registration process, please visit our Registration FAQs page.
- For links to additional documents and other important information that would be helpful as you prepare for your child to start school, please visit our Additional Registration Information page.
- If you are interested in learning more about our Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP), including our after-school enrichment and student holiday programs, please complete our online EDEP Interest Form.
Executive Director of Elementary Education
Albemarle County Public Schools
401 McIntire Road, Room 333
Charlottesville, VA 22902