2021-22 Kindergarten Registration: April 21 – May 31
Kindergarten Registration includes completing an online registration form and providing required documentation to your child's school. Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-22 school year will be held online from Wednesday, April 21, through Monday, May 31.
- To receive on-site assistance with the enrollment process, please contact your child's school to schedule an appointment.
- For assistance registering a child who was not born in the United States or speaks a language other than English, or if the documents needed for school registration were issued in a foreign country, contact the International and ESOL Office at 434-296-6517.
- Review our admission requirements.
To enroll as a kindergartner for the 2021-22 school year, your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2021, and reside in Albemarle County.
- Determine your school attendance area.
Albemarle County Public Schools determines which of our 15 elementary schools your child will attend for kindergarten based on your physical (home) address.
- Complete an online registration form.
Albemarle County Public Schools utilizes an online registration form to collect the majority of information used to enroll your child in one of our schools.
- Present the required documentation.
The Commonwealth of Virginia and Albemarle County Public Schools requires you to provide certain required documents in order to enroll your child in kindergarten, including an original birth certificate, two proofs of residency, a certificate of immunizations signed by a doctor, and a signed doctor's physical examination report. Our online registration form provides an opportunity for families to upload required documents. Alternatively, you may email documentation to your school registrar or contact your child's school to schedule an appointment to drop off documentation.
- For more information, call 434-296-5820. For bilingual assistance, call 434-296-6517. (Para asistencia bilingüe, llame 434-296-6517.)
- For answers to the most frequently asked questions about registering your child to attend Albemarle County Public Schools, or to find contact information for individuals who can assist with the registration process, please visit our Registration FAQs page.
- For links to additional documents and other important information that would be helpful as you prepare for your child to start school, please visit our Additional Registration Information page.
- If you are interested in learning more about our Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP), including our after-school enrichment and student holiday programs, please complete our online EDEP Interest Form.
Ms. Debora Collins
Albemarle County Public Schools
401 McIntire Road, Room 333
Charlottesville, VA 22902