Getting Started with Schoology
Accessing your Schoology Parent Account
Use the Parent login link provided in the message in your PowerSchool Parent Portal, or also available on the Parents page of the ACPS website. If you are an ACPS employee and used your k12albemarle email address to create your PowerSchool Parent Portal account, you will use your existing Schoology account to view your student's information (more information is posted on the LMS Support page for staff)
- This is NOT the same link your student will use to log in
- The username is the email address used to create your PowerSchool Parent Portal account
- The temporary password is found in the message in your PowerSchool Parent Portal
Change your password when you log in
- In the top right corner of the screen, in dropdown under your/your student's name, select Settings
- On the Account Settings tab, scroll down to the Account Password section and click the Change your password link
- Follow the instructions in the popup and click Submit
Parents can change between their personal profile and their student's information by changing the name in the dropdown in the top right corner of your Schoology screen. If you have more than one student you can select another name here as well.
Using your Schoology Parent Account
- Recent activity from across your student's courses will display on the Student Activity page
- Click on Courses or Enrollments and then a class to view the content posted by the teacher and your student
- Clicking the Albemarle County Public Schools logo will take you back to your start page
- Logout from the dropdown menu under your/your student's name
Reminder – not all teachers use the gradebook in Schoology and not all content is graded. Refer to the PowerSchool Parent Portal for your student's grades, official grades are noted there.
Getting Assistance for your Schoology Parent Account
If you have questions about the content in Schoology, contact your student's teacher. If you have trouble accessing your Schoology account, contact the ACPS Dept. of Technology Help Desk at 434-975-9444.
If you have trouble remembering your Schoology password, use the Forgot Password link on the Schoology login screen to reset your password (cannot be used by ACPS employees using existing Schoology account).
If you need to set up PowerSchool Parent Portal account (required to have a Schoology parent account), contact your student's school.
Refer to Schoology Resources on the Parents page of the ACPS website for additional support information.