Student Data Applications for Parents
The PowerSchool Parent Portal allows parents, guardians, and other appropriate individuals to view different types of student information as it is entered into the student information system.
The type of information that is available varies by school level (elementary, middle, and high). Information may include: school announcements, attendance, grades, schedules, and lunch balances.
The portal may also be used by parents and students to manage course requests for middle and high school. For more information about the parent portal and exactly which types of information are available, please contact your child’s school.
Quick-Start Videos & Guide
- Creating Parent Portal Account (video)
- Crear una nueva cuenta de Portal de Padres PowerSchool (video)
- Add Student to Account (video)
- Agregar estudiantes a la cuenta del Portal de Padres en PowerSchool (video)
- Parent Portal Guide
PDF versions of the Parent Portal Guide:
Online Access to Elementary Report Cards:
- Accessing the Report Card in the Parent Portal
- Acceso a la boleta de calificaciones en el portal para padres
The Schoology Parent Portal allows parents, guardians, and other appropriate individuals of middle and high school students to view assignments and student feedback as it is entered into the learning management system for secondary schools.
Please see our getting started guide to your Schoology parent account for information on accessing and using your Schoology parent account.
Having trouble logging in to your Schoology parent account?
- Are you using the correct login page?
- The parent login page (https://app.schoology.com/login) is different than your student's Schoology login page
- Are you using the correct username/email?
- The Schoology username/email for parent accounts is the email address you used when creating your PowerSchool parent portal account. If you change the email address associated to the PowerSchool parent portal account, the Schoology username/email does not change.
- Are you using the correct password?
- The default password found in the PowerSchool parent portal for your Schoology account was used to establish your Schoology parent account. If you change the password once you log in to your Schoology parent account (this is recommended), then the default password found in the PowerSchool parent portal will not work. You can always use the Forgot your password link on the Schoology login page to reset your password.
- Did you recently create your PowerSchool parent portal account?
- It can take 24-48 hours after you create your PowerSchool parent portal account for your Schoology parent account to become active.
If you have questions about the content in Schoology, contact your student’s teacher. If you still have trouble accessing your Schoology account after trying the suggestions above, contact the ACPS Dept. of Technology Help Desk at 434-975-9444.
Seesaw Parent Access allows parents, guardians, and other appropriate individuals of elementary students to view assignments and student feedback as it is entered into the learning management system for elementary schools.
The Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP) offer after-school enrichment, the inclement weather program, and the student holiday program. Offerings are available to all Pre-K through 5th students enrolled in ACPS.
Closings & Delays
Information about school closings and delays, inclement weather procedures, make-up days, and our electronic school notification system
Visit the Department of Student Learning's homepage for links to each of our core instructional areas.
Find the address of a school, locate a central administrator or principal, or view our organizational chart.
Visit the County Maps Forms Center to view magisterial districts, school districts, and more! Hint: Look towards the bottom of the list for maps of school districts.
Breakfast and lunch menus for our Elementary, Middle and High schools
Update your preference regarding afternoon bus stop supervision, request alternate pick-up and drop-off locations, or simply learn more about bus safety rules and procedures.
Interested in volunteering in our schools? Looking for information about our preschool programs? Searching for scholarship opportunities for your college-bound senior? Visit our Useful Links page for easy access to a variety of resources.
- NEW: Basic Troubleshooting Guide
- NEW: Guia basica de Solucion de Problemas
- Technology & Digital Citizenship Field Guide
- Guía de tecnología de familias
- Budget Information
- Kindergarten Registration
- Programs of Study
- Closings & Delays
- School Calendars
- What is Design 2015?
- Home School Program
- Driver's Education
- Sports Concussion Management Plan
- Student Accident Insurance Brochure 2019- 2020
- Estudiante Seguro de Accidentes Folleto 2019-2020