About Virtual Learning in ACPS
Virtual learning opportunities are led Albemarle County Public Schools Teachers and are aligned to the same standards and at the same level of rigor as traditional classroom offerings. All ACPS virtual courses count towards graduation and meet any applicable graduation requirements.
Current ACPS Offerings
The following courses were are taught by ACPS teachers. Students request these courses in the Spring during the Course Registration process. Enrollment in these courses after that point is limited by available space.
- English 9*, 10*, 11*, 12*
- World History 1, World History 2, World Geography
- US/VA History, US/VA Government
- Algebra 1*, Algebra 2*, Geometry*
- Algebra Functions Data Analysis, College Algebra Trig, Math Analysis**
- Earth Science, Biology*, Ecology
- Chemistry*, Physics*
- Economics and Personal Finance
- Health 1
- Health 2 w/No Driver's Ed
- Physical Education 1
- Physical Education 2
*Denotes offered at both Honors and Academic Level
**Denotes offered at Honors level only
Please visit our
ACPS Summer School Program web site to learn more about virtual offerings.
Other Distance and Virtual Learning Opportunities
Students may choose to enroll with an approved virtual learning provider for coursework:
VADOE Approved Provider Information
The following guidelines must be followed by Albemarle County Public Schools students wishing to earn credit by distance-learning to meet graduation requirements. Distance-Learning includes correspondence courses, on-line courses, or satellite-delivered instruction.
- The request to earn credit by distance-learning must be approved by your school counselor and the school principal or principal designee.
- Courses must be approved before the student begins the course.
- A teacher, counselor, or administrator must proctor quizzes, tests, and exams as required by the course provider. Arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
- Tuition, fees, and material costs are the responsibility of the student.
- Students must take any corresponding SOL tests as required by Virginia law.
- Official transcripts that report the completion of a distance-learning course for graduating seniors must be in the guidance office by May 1st.
Request for High School Credit via Coursework from Another Organization form for a complete list of Regulations.
See your school's Guidance Counselor for more information.
For more information about virtual learning opportunities in Albemarle County Public Schools, please contact:
401 McIntire Road
Charlottesville, VA 22902