Preschool Network Application Forms and Instructions
The goal of the preschool programs in Albemarle County is to provide comprehensive early-childhood learning experiences for students with risk factors that may prevent academic success. The Bright Stars Program, Early Childhood Special Education and the Head Start Program coordinate the preschool application process.
Application for 2019-2020
Begin by completing an application for our Albemarle County Preschool programs:
Families will be notified of placement decisions the first week of May.
- Applications are accepted year-round to fill vacancies as they occur.
- Complete only one application per child.
- Proof of income is required.
- Child must be 3-years-old or 4-years-old by September 30 for Head Start.
- Child must be 4-years old by September 30 for the Bright Stars Program.
- Head Start does NOT accept faxed applications.
Submit Your Application
The Bright Stars Program:
- Return your application to the Bright Stars Family Coordinator at your local school:
Red Hill Elementary
- Mail applications to:
Bright Stars Program Coordinator
Albemarle County Department of Social Services
1600 5th St., Suite A
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Questions about Bright Stars?
Call (434) 972-4010 to speak with the Bright Stars Program Coordinator.
The Head Start Program:
Mail applications to:
Head Start Program Coordinator
1025 Park Street
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Questions about the Head Start Program?
Call (434) 295-3171, ext. 3008 to speak with the Head Start Program Coordinator.