The English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Program in Albemarle County Public Schools (ACPS) recognizes the rich cultural, economic, and intellectual resources that our multilingual students bring to the community. We welcome our linguistically and culturally diverse students and families, and seek to ensure their academic, civic, and economic success through a rigorous curriculum and engaging pedagogy.
At the ACPS International & ESOL Welcome Center we:
- Welcome families who are coming from abroad and/or speak languages other than--or in addition to--English at home with:
- the school registration process, by appointment;
- the transition to school in the United States, including international transcript evaluations;
- connections to community organizations and resources.
- Supplement the instructional needs of English Learners (ELs) and their teachers.
- Provide language interpreters and translation services for schools.
- Facilitate family engagement initiatives in collaboration with schools.
- Design professional development for teachers of ELs.
International & ESOL Welcome Center / Department of Instruction