2020-2021 EDEP Registration
Thank you for your interest in Albemarle County Public Schools' Extended Day Enrichment Program (EDEP)!
As with all school divisions across Virginia, EDEP is awaiting direction from the state department of education on when schools may reopen and which health and educational requirements will be in place to protect us from Covid-19 illness. This guidance is important to our decision-making process and may affect how many students EDEP will be able to serve at each school.
This year, for every school, EDEP will use a random selection process, or lottery, to enroll students in our program. We will
not be using the traditional first come, first served registration process. We piloted registration by lottery at two of our elementary schools last year, and we found this method to be the easiest and fairest way to enroll students.
If you are interested in EDEP for the 2020-21 school year, please complete our
Student Information Form any time during the timeframe indicated below for your child’s school:
June 8-19: Cale/Mountain View, Red Hill, Scottsville, Stone-Robinson, Stony Point
June 11-24: Brownsville, Crozet, Meriwether Lewis, Virginia L. Murray
June 15-26: Agnor-Hurt, Baker-Butler, Broadus Wood, Greer, Hollymead, Woodbrook
Once we know what our capacity will be at each school, we will use the completed Student Information Forms to conduct the lottery drawing to enroll students in our program. We will provide an update on our timeline as soon as possible.
Note: In order to properly complete this step, you must complete the Student Information Form during the designated window for your child's school.
Steps of the Random Selection Process
- Interested families will indicate their interest in participating in the lottery by completing a Student Information Form during a designated window.
- EDEP will use a random selection process (also called a drawing or lottery) to register students for the 2020-2021 school year.
- As space allows, we will do our best to place all siblings listed on the forms that are drawn.
- Once families receive confirmation of registration, payment is due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- Students who do not receive a spot in our program will be added to a waitlist in the order in which their names are drawn. (Reminder: Registration fees are not required if your child is placed on a waitlist.)
Tuition and Fees
Once families receive confirmation of registration, payment is due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- After-School Registration Fee: $50 per school year.
- Student Holiday Program Registration Fee: $30 per school year
- After-School Full-time Tuition (4-5 days per week): $255 per cycle
- After-School Part-time Tuition (1-3 days per week): $185 per cycle
- Student Holiday Program Tuition: $50 per day
- Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP) are available to students in Kindergarten through Grade 5; however, students must be
5 years old before they can attend the EDEP program. Kindergartners who are 4 may be registered, but they cannot attend until they turn 5.
- All accounts must be current (no outstanding balances) prior to registering for the 2020-2021 school year.
- We will void any registration if it contains false or misleading information.
- Each school year contains nine (9) payment cycles. The full- or part-time option must be purchased every cycle to secure your child's space.
- When purchasing the part-time option, the days your child will attend must be selected at the time of registration (for example, a M/W/F or a T/TH schedule).
Note: Selected days of the week may not change from week to week unless premium days are used.
- If payment is not received by noon on the first day of the cycle, services will be suspended, which constitutes official withdrawal from the program. Registration will be inactive and the student will be placed at the end of a waitlist. Readmission is subject to space availability and will incur a $20 reinstatement fee.
EDEP does not operate on half-days or if school dismisses early. Please make certain your child’s school has current information regarding where your child should go in the event of an early closing.
Financial assistance for EDEP programs is available.
Learn more »
New to Albemarle County?
If you are new to Albemarle County Public Schools and interested in EDEP, please complete our online
EDEP Interest Form to receive EDEP registration information by email. (Current ACPS elementary school families will automatically receive this information.)