2020-2021 EDEP Registration
Interested in EDEP?
Thank you for your interest in Albemarle County Public Schools' Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP)!
EDEP operates two child care programs, including an after-school enrichment program at every elementary school and a student holiday/spring break program. Children must be at least five years of age to attend either program. Registration is required and enrollment is limited.
Though our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19, we are still hard at work finalizing registration details for the 2020-2021 school year.
If you are new to EDEP, please complete our online
EDEP Interest Form to receive EDEP registration information by email once the details are set. (Current EDEP families will automatically receive this information.)
For all schools, EDEP will use a random selection process to register students for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Interested families will complete an online interest form during a designated window.
- EDEP will use a random selection process (drawing) to register students. As space allows, we will do our best to place all siblings listed on the interest forms that are drawn.
- Once families receive confirmation of registration, payment is due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- Students who do not receive a spot in our program will be added to a waitlist in the order in which their names are drawn. (Reminder: Registration fees are not required if your child is placed on a waitlist.)
Tuition and Fees
Once families receive confirmation of registration, payment is due by 4:30 p.m. the next business day.
- After-School Registration Fee: $50 per school year.
- Student Holiday Program Registration Fee: $30 per school year
- After-School Full-time Tuition (4-5 days per week): $255 per cycle
- After-School Part-time Tuition (1-3 days per week): $185 per cycle
- Student Holiday Program Tuition: $50 per day
- Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP) are available to students in Kindergarten through Grade 5; however, students must be
5 years old before they can attend the EDEP program. Kindergartners who are 4 may be registered, but they cannot attend until they turn 5.
- All accounts must be current (no outstanding balances) prior to registering for the 2020-2021 school year.
- We will void any registration if it contains false or misleading information.
- Each school year contains nine (9) payment cycles. The full- or part-time option must be purchased every cycle to secure your child's space.
- When purchasing the part-time option, the days your child will attend must be selected at the time of registration (for example, a M/W/F or a T/TH schedule).
Note: Selected days of the week may not change from week to week unless premium days are used.
- If payment is not received by noon on the first day of the cycle, services will be suspended, which constitutes official withdrawal from the program. Registration will be inactive and the student will be placed at the end of a waitlist. Readmission is subject to space availability and will incur a $20 reinstatement fee.
EDEP does not operate on half-days or if school dismisses early. Please make certain your child’s school has current information regarding where your child should go in the event of an early closing.
Financial assistance for EDEP programs is available.
Learn more »