- THE CENTER FOR THE 4TH AND 5TH R'S
- Serves as a regional, state, and national resource in character education. A national movement, character education is essential to the task of building a moral society and developing schools that are civil and caring communities.
- The CHARACTER EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP
- A national advocate and leader for the character education movement. Based in Washington, D.C., they are a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nonsectarian, coalition of organizations and individuals committed to fostering effective character education in our nation's K-12 schools.
- They are an umbrella organization for character education, serving as the leading resource for people and organizations that are integrating character education into their schools and communities. CEP focuses on defining and encouraging effective practices and approaches to quality character education and provides a forum for the exchange of ideas.
- The VIRGINIA CHARACTER EDUCATION PROJECT
- Provides general information from the Virginia Department of Education.
A widely used character education model that uses the Six Pillars of Character - trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, caring, citizenship, honesty.
The students of today are the employees, citizens and leaders of tomorrow. To help educators prepare this future workforce to make ethical choices, they have developed resources that equip students with values and skills for ethical decision-making. Although ERC has programs for all levels, the focus remains on high school and school-to-work programs that foster ethics in schools and youth organizations around the country.
A website with educational and community resources to encourage random acts of kindness.
You may need the free Acrobat Reader to access information presented in PDF format.