School and Community Relations is a part of the Community Engagement Office.
The over-arching goal of SCR is to encourage student achievement by promoting positive relationships within the school and the community. More broadly, to promote a sense of cooperation between each school and their stakeholders to improve the quality of our communities.
The goal is addressed by:
- helping to improve student relationships with a focus on bullying prevention and character education.
- enhancing and providing resources to teachers in community service and service learning.
- encouraging student growth and vision.
- promoting parental and community involvement in our schools.
- collaborating with community agencies to discover new and ongoing services for students.
- promoting greater community connections and involving the senior citizenry in the life of the school with the VIP GOLD CARD.
- providing a personal link between Albemarle County Schools and the Charlottesville/Albemarle community.
Community Engagement Manager