The Course Request Process for the upcoming year is an
opportunity for you to think carefully about your interests,
achievements, and educational and career goals. Give very serious
consideration to this process. Here is the timeline:
1. Guide to High School Credit Courses will be made available to students and parents online to make preliminary requests and plans. Schools may print copies upon request.
December – January
2. Curriculum Expos for current high school students and rising 9th graders will take place.
3. Classroom Presentations and Small Group Program Planning Sessions will take place with school counselors as they visit classrooms to explain the Guide to High School Credit Courses. School counselors will begin meeting with students individually to review teacher recommendations, five year plans, and transcripts.
4. Teacher recommendations will be completed for each student in conjunction with student online registration.
January – March
5. Students schedule a meeting with school counselors to request courses.
6. Course requests will be verified.
Last Friday in April
7. To allow for the building of a balanced master schedule, all course request adjustments must be made by the last Friday in April.
To ensure the best choice of courses, especially elective courses, all requests should be given your most thoughtful consideration. Your school will develop the master schedule and will allocate teaching staff around students’ choices early in the process, so alternate courses may not be available at a later date.