CoderDojo provides students from Albemarle County Public Schools with opportunities for creativity, innovation, and fun. Students will have access to a variety of technology experiences including coding, Minecraft, digital music production, 3D design & printing, microcontrollers, computer science & engineering, robotics, and more. ACPS Teachers and Learning Technology Integrators will facilitatethe project based learning and student centered experience that is at the heart of CoderDojo.
Session 1:July 10-July 13, 9:00 am-12:00 pm -
Session 2: July 16-19, 8:30 am-11:30 am -
Agnor-Hurt Elementary School
The following stations will be available:
- Music, Math, Coding “M2C” -
- We’ll be exploring math, music, and coding together, as students learn to manipulate technology to create and support music.
- Multiage Coding -
- Kodu, Scratch, and LiveCode - students will work through challenges each day that move them through the basics of coding and game development.
- Engineering Challenges -
- Different coding challenges allow teams to work in HTML, on Raspberry Pi or Arduino, with 3D printing, in App Development
- Help Desk Curriculum -
- Want to be part of your school’s help desk? Let’s learn the skills
CoderDojo is open to students in grades K-12.
Tickets are available to Albemarle County Public School students only.
Students will be limited to signing up for one 4-day session this year, and additional registrations will be cancelled.
Teachers, are you looking for a creative and innovative summer experience?