Making Web Content Accessible
In practice, web content that meets accessibility standards can be created with a little extra effort.
The following steps can and should be implemented
as a matter of routine by those creating and maintaining content
- Following procedures to produce valid HTML markup.
- Adding proper alt tags to all images.
- Adding headers and scope attributes to data tables.
- Providing captions or text transcripts for video.
- Ensuring that any PDF documents posted are accessible.
- Additional Requirements.