Kindergarten Registration begins with completing an online regisration form and also provides an opportunity for parents to receive on-site assistance with the enrollment process, present required documentation, and learn more about our kindergarten program.
2020-21 On-Site Kindergarten Registration Postponed; Online Registration Still Open
Due to the spread of COVID-19, Governor Ralph Northam announced that all public and private schools in Virginia will remain closed at least through the end of the current academic school year. Visit our
COVID-19 Management Plan web page for more information.
While on-site kindergarten registration has been postponed, online student registration for the 2020-21 school year is open! Families may use the
Complete the Registration Form link below to access the online registration form. On-site kindergarten registration, during which parents may present required documentation to their child's school, will be rescheduled at a later date.
Determine Your Eligibility for Enrollment
To enroll as a kindergartner for the 2020-21 school year, your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2020, and reside in Albemarle County.
Determine Your School Attendance Area
Albemarle County Public Schools determines which of our 15 elementary schools your child will attend for kindergarten based on your physical (home) address.
Complete the Registration Form
Albemarle County Public Schools utilizes an online registration form to collect the majority of information used to enroll your child in one of our schools.
Present the Required Documentation
The Commonwealth of Virginia and Albemarle County Public Schools requires you to provide certain required documents in order to enroll your child in kindergarten. On-site kindergarten registration, during which parents may present required documentation to their child's school, will be rescheduled once schools reopen.
- For more information, call 434-296-5877. For bilingual assistance, call 434-296-6517. (Para asistencia bilingüe, llame 434-296-6517.)
- For answers to the most frequently asked questions about registering your child to attend Albemarle County Public Schools, or to find contact information for individuals who can assist with the registration process, please visit our
Registration FAQs page.
- For links to additional documents and other important information that would be helpful as you prepare for your child to start school, please visit our
Additional Registration Information page.
- If you are interested in learning more about our after-school enrichment program and/or student holiday program, please complete our online
EDEP Interest Form.
- For assistance registering a child who was not born in the United States or speaks a language other than English, or if the documents needed for school registration were issued in a foreign country, contact the
International and ESOL Office at 434-296-6517.
Ms. Debora Collins
Albemarle County Public Schools
401 McIntire Road, Room 333
Charlottesville, VA 22902