Kindergarten Registration Will Be Open in March
Your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2019.
Ver esta página de web en español »
Kindergarten Registration Now Open!
Kindergarten Registration is an opportunity for parents to receive assistance with the enrollment process, present required documentation, and learn more about our kindergarten program.
- Determine Your Eligibility for Enrollment
To enroll as a kindergartener for the 2019-20 school year, your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2019, and reside in Albemarle County.
- Determine Your School Attendance Area
Albemarle County Public Schools determines which of our 15 elementary schools your child will attend for kindergarten based on your physical (home) address.
- Complete the Registration Form
Albemarle County Public Schools utilizes an online registration form to collect the majority of information used to enroll your child in one of our schools.
- Present the Required Documentation
The Commonwealth of Virginia and Albemarle County Public Schools requires you to provide certain required documents in order to enroll your child in kindergarten. Please contact the school your child will attend to arrange a time to provide the required documentation.
- For more information, call 434-296-5877. For bilingual assistance, call 434-296-6517. (Para asistencia bilingüe, llame 434-296-6517.)
- For answers to the most frequently asked questions about registering your child to attend Albemarle County Public Schools, or to find contact information for individuals who can assist with the registration process, please visit our Registration FAQs page.
- For links to additional documents and other important information that would be helpful as you prepare for your child to start school, please visit our Additional Registration Information page.
- Extended Day Enrichment Programs (EDEP): If you are interested in learning more about our after-school enrichment program and/or student holiday program, please complete this form.
For assistance registering a child who was not born in the United States or speaks a language other than English, or if the documents needed for school registration were issued in a foreign country, contact the International and ESOL Office at 434-296-6517.
Ms. Debora Collins
Assistant Superintendent for Student Learning
Albemarle County Public Schools
401 McIntire Road, Room 333
Charlottesville, VA 22902