Horizon 2020 Strategic Plan
Unleashing Each Student's Potential
All learners believe in their power to embrace learning, to excel, and to own their future.
The core purpose of Albemarle County Public Schools is to establish a community of learners and learning, through relationships, relevance and rigor, one student at a time.
- We believe in meaningful learning that stretches people to the frontiers and boundaries of their abilities.
- Young People
- We believe young people deserve the best we have to offer. Each individual child is capable and has the right to safety, mutual respect, and learning.
- We believe in our collective responsibility to work together in a cooperative effort to achieve common goals by building communities of practice, establishing a high quality learning community, and listening to the community.
- We believe in treating all individuals with honor and dignity.
All Albemarle County Public Schools students will graduate having actively mastered the lifelong-learning skills they need to succeed as 21st century learners, workers and citizens.
- Engage Every Student
- Implement Balanced Assessments
- Improve Opportunity & Achievement
- Create & Expand Partnerships
- Optimize Resources
The Division’s Strategic Priorities provide the target toward which our collective effort and resources should be aimed in order to realize our goal. Strategic priorities are analyzed and revised every biennium in order to make any necessary adjustments to the work that is being done in the division to meet our objectives and our goal. The adopted strategic priorities for 2017-2019 are as follows:
- Create a culture of high expectations for all.
- Identify and remove practices that perpetuate the achievement gap.
- Ensure that students identify and develop personal interests.