DATE: March 16, 2020
CONTACT: Phil Giaramita, Public Affairs and Strategic Communications Officer
Albemarle County Public Schools to Offer Breakfast, Lunch for Students and Siblings at Six School Locations Throughout the County
(ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Virginia) – Beginning tomorrow, March 17, Albemarle County Public Schools will be distributing free meals, including breakfast and lunch, to all students and their siblings, 18 years of age or younger. The meals will be available each weekday between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. in the parking lots of six schools throughout the county.
Those schools include all three comprehensive high schools—Albemarle, Monticello, and Western Albemarle—as well as Sutherland and Walton middle schools and Woodbrook Elementary School. All meals will be provided in a grab-and-go format and include lunch and breakfast for the next day. No appointment is necessary.
The program will be operational during the period of time when all public schools in the county are closed. This past Friday, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam issued an orderthat closed all K-12 schools in Virginia for a minimum of two weeks.
Meals will be distributed in the following specific locations:
- Albemarle High School—back covered patio across from the football stadium
- Monticello High School—front walkway near the auditorium
- Western Albemarle High School—front walkway near the dining area
- Sutherland Middle School—front-right walkway entrance
- Walton Middle School—front entrance walkway
- Woodbrook Elementary School—walkway in front of school
Student Meal Service flyer »