In alignment with the Division’s Strategic Plan, the Office of Strategic Communications aims to improve organizational effectiveness by cultivating a valuable, relevant, engaging, and easily accessible communication model.
The Office of Strategic Communications:
- Improves organizational effectiveness through a comprehensive outreach program that informs the school board, school division staff, parents, media, and the general public about Albemarle County Public Schools’ plans, needs, programs and activities.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on projects and activities that advance the school division's strategic plan.
- Delivers accurate and current information to the public that promotes knowledge of the school division, provides opportunities for public input and collaboration, generates support and resources, and showcases student and professional staff achievement.
- Designs and implements communications programs for distribution over various platforms, including print, electronic and social media.
- Provides communications/public information services, support and counsel to the school division, as well as to each school and school division department, and to affiliated organizations.
The Strategic Communications Officer:
- Coordinates all media requests and contacts for the school division or individual schools and employees.
- Provides communications counsel, guidance and training for students, staff, and parent groups, and for community partners as necessary.
- Functions as the primary contact during emergencies.
- Serves as the division's liaison with the community, partner groups, and legislators, and develops programs to bring these groups into closer working relationships with schools.
Communication Tools & Tactics
The Office of Strategic Communications employs and manages a variety of communication tools. Learn more »
Office of Strategic Communications
Albemarle County Public Schools
401 McIntire Road, 3rd Floor
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Please use our Staff Directory to contact a member of the Office of Strategic Communications.